Monday, April 16, 2012

Into the Woods

This weekend Anna went on a little trip Up North.
This trail goes all the way from our cabin to Lake Michigan.


For my family, "Up North" has always meant Traverse City, Michigan,
and the surrounding area. Our cabin is actually about 1/2 an hour out of Traverse City, in an area with no cable, no cell phone reception... nothing but wilderness.

Our property is surrounded by National Forest and protected by law... so this path, and the woods that surround us will hopefully be there for a very long time.

Little Anna, I have to admit, had a hard time on the path.


Anna: Heather! Pick me up!
Me: Uhm, Anna, you're supposed to walk the path, that's part of the fun.


Anna: Don't patronize me! I just walked this log!! It's the same as you walking the whole path!
This was hard! I fell off twice!!
(It's true, she did... every time I left her to stand alone, a heavy breeze picked up and knocked her right off the log!)


Anna: Look, there's strange stuff on this log... I think it's an alien growth...
we should quarantine the area!


Anna: Look at this... a body snatcher!
Slug: 0_0

Anna: Hurry, Heather! Get the lab equipment! Get the containing devices! We have to trap him before he can take over one of our brains!
Me: Anna, it's a slug... because Michigan sucks and is seriously lacking in snails.
Anna: I don't know what either of those things are... which means you're making up words, which means YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN POSSESSED!!!! *runs off*
Me: Anna! Come back!
Slug: *slimes away*


Anna: *whew* To anyone out there reading this, I am trapped in the woods by Alien beings... they have taken over Heather's brain. TRUST NO ONE.
And send help...
and cookies.

10 comments:

  1. That is too, too funny, but tragically I completely understand where Anna is coming from. For the first 30 years of my life I was a city girl... and then I moved onto a farm. There are still things that amaze (and sometimes disgust) me. :D
    Try to enjoy the outdoors, Anna, they grow on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I was amazed she got that close to the slug at all! I think she was fascinated by his wobbly little eyes :)

      Delete
  2. I love this kind of places!!! You and Anna are so lucky of being there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree, Up North is one of my favorite places ever... when it really gets deeper into summer, that path will be so dark that it will be like a magical fairytale world, the woods will be so thick with growth!!!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm. Brainslugs. Watch out, Anna, don't let them try to put one on you while you're not looking. It's a nice place, too bad you're going to have to incinerate everything to contain the infection O_O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alien Heather: BWA HA HA HA, obviously you aren't familiar with spring in Michigan... everything is wet, ALL OF THE TIME!!! You can't set anything on fire. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

      Anna: ... wait... what do you mean "Alien Heather"... I thought you were joking... you said a slug was just a bug... you said I was fine... wait... what?!

      Alien Heather: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

      Anna: NOOOO!!!! *runs off again*

      Heather: Aww, crud. Now I gotta go find her again... in the rain.

      Delete
  4. Love,Love, It!!!!!

    Nearly fell off my stool, Anna is just gorgeous!

    Fi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you look under the "Meet the Neemos" tab you will find the type of Azone Pure Neemo Anna is, and a little bit more information about her XD (although really, I need to update these and make them all less rambly)

      Delete
  5. This is the cutest story! I just love seeing all the beautiful places and the Neemos reactions to them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I love taking the Neemos new places... I have a plan to always travel with at least one Neemo XD They're purse size, so it's not too hard to do!

      Delete