Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Little Bit of Random

Let us begin this 'little bit of random' with my BPAL order.

What is BPAL, you ask?
It's the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
but most people I know call it BPAL for short.

Go HERE to check them out!


My first scent to arrive is BOO 2012
It came with two free samples, which I'll talk about as well!

(BPAL's description)
Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

BOO 2012 has a very strong, sharp scent when you first put it on...
so at first I wasn't a fan of it.
I also have BOO 2010, which I love for
it's soft, sweet scent.
BOO 2012 is the same as Boo 2010 in the undertones,
but it has that sharp, strong overtone that makes me like it a little less.
Fortunately though, it dulls down into a much more pleasant
scent, and that sharp edge dissipates.
I've been wearing it for 9 hours now,
and the scent is still there, but soft and lovely now.
It's a fun scent, but not my favorite of The Halloweenies scents
that I currently own.

Free Sample #1: 
Imperious Tiger-Lily 
from the Mad Tea Party: Garden of Live Flowers collection 

(BPAL's description)
`O Tiger-lily,' said Alice, 
addressing herself to one that was 
waving gracefully about in the wind,
 `I wish you could talk!'

`We can talk,' said the Tiger-lily: 
`when there's anybody worth talking to."

Alice was so astonished that 
she could not speak for a minute: 
it quite seemed to take her breath away. 
At length, as the Tiger-lily only went on waving about, 
she spoke again, in a timid voice -- 
almost in a whisper. `And can all the flowers talk?'

`As well as you can,' said the Tiger-lily. 
`And a great deal louder.'

(Tiger-lily, ginger root, neroli, purple fruits, and frankincense.)
 

If you like the way Lilies smell, you'll like this one.
It's strong and floral.
This one lasted for many hours (9+)
with a very pleasant, distinguishable scent.
While it smells nice, strong floral scents
aren't really my thing, so I won't be
ordering any of this one.

Free Sample #2:  
Hellfire
from the Sin and Salvation collection 
 
(BPAL's description)
A scent celebrating Sir Francis Dashwood's 
Order of the Knights of St. Francis of Wycombe, 
also known as the Hellfire Club. 
A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, 
ambergris, dark musk 
and the lingering incense smoke 
from their Black Mass.

I loved this scent. It was sweet
and beautiful... but unfortunately
it only lasted an hour or so.

--------------------------------------------------
 
So that was my first BPAL order of the year.
I'll be placing an order every two weeks until I get all the
Halloweenies I want... and all of them
will come with free samples... so I'm
looking forward to checking out more scents from them.

I'm also a collector of Nendoroids...
and I admit, I buy them on how cute they are,
not what anime they come from -_-;;

So here are two of the girls who hang out on my desk:
Kuroneko:
Kuroneko: Heather, you are so stupid, what did I tell you about eating too much chocolate?!
Kuroneko likes to yell at me ;_;

And Miki:
She always flinches when Kuroneko starts yelling!

2 comments:

  1. I like fragrances, these that you have seeem good! Kureneko and Miki are too pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome expressions on the Nendoroids. Buy why are so many of your dolls so sassy to you?

    I'm smell sensitive so I have to avoid people who wear perfumes. I'm going to leave all those scents for you!

    ReplyDelete