Monday, July 30, 2012

A wonderful post from My Plastic Fantasy

I just found this blog this morning,
and other than being all-around entertaining...
it also has this post about taking your dolls out in public.
(click link below)


I think she has some great advice!

I take my dolls out in public all the time...
but then, I was an art major...
and My Plastic Fantasy is 100% right that having a camera
justifies a LOT of weird behavior to people!! LOL!

Here are a few of my "out in public" doll shots!


This one was at our local bookstore!


At the Post Office!


At the park!

And finally...


At Acen, a huge anime con in Chicago.
For the record, I don't know these girls...
at all!
But they were dressed up as Madoka characters so
I asked them if they would mind posing for a pic
with my doll, Madoka!
They were happy too, so long as they didn't
have to stand up!
(They were so tired!)

My advice for people who are really scared to take their dolls out in public is this:
Tell strangers you're working on an art project.
It's like a free pass to be a total weirdo.
Seriously.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Heather! My best photos are ones that I took in natural light. Thanks for sharing this new blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, getting outside with your doll really gives you a broad spectrum of beautiful lighting... never mind the variety of backgrounds, LOL!

      Delete
  2. /facepalm

    I'm totally using that excuse from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's always been my excuse... and once you say, "Oh, it's for an art project"... you never have to back it up with anything!! I would have people ask, "What ARE you doing?" or just stare at me funny, and I'd say, "It's for an art project" and they'd just nod and go "Oooooooh!" ... like that makes it all make perfect sense, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I always love your photos and am almost a little jealous of the fabulous shots you get, but was (no longer AM =D) scared of taking them out. I love the 'art project' line! I think it's time some dolls start visiting the rest of the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say go for it, you get some really hilarious shots, and really great ones, by taking them out in the real world! XD

      Now, I don't carry my doll out in the open all the time... I always have a bag to put them in when I'm done taking the photo... mostly because I feel the doll is safer and more secure that way.

      Delete
  4. "It's like a free pass to be a total weirdo." LOLOL I'll need this pass all the time. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found this link and could share, I really loved her article XD

      ... and yes... the "art project" thing totally works XD

      Delete
  5. awesome shots! I totally agree - "art projects" are some kind of sacred activity that no one can question, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, I'm not sure about "sacred activity" so much as artist = certified weirdo and the vast majority of people have just succumbed to the fact that most modern art/performance art they just won't get, LOL.

      Delete
  6. I am just comfortable with everyone thinking I am a weirdo...because I am...but honestly no ones really ever asked me about them. I think they just think im a loon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a loon XD But no more than the rest of us, lol.

      Delete
  7. Thanks Heather for the link. I love seeing pictures of dolls out. I don't do it often, but when the need arises, I could care less what people think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here XD Life is too short to worry about something like that.

      Delete