Tuesday, May 8, 2012

If you go out in the woods today...


Heather singing:
If you go out in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go out in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.


 Anna: Heather, you idiot, stop singing and help me with this!
Can't you hear? There's something alive inside!

Heather keeps singing:
For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.
 

Anna: *pries lid off* Hello? Is someone in there?
Muffled voice from deep within the box: Help meeeeee.....

Heather sings loudly:
Picnic time for teddy bears,
The little teddy bears are having a lovely time today.
Watch them, catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily dance about.
They love to play and shout.
And never have any cares.
At six o'clock their mommies and daddies
Will take them home to bed
Because they're tired little teddy bears.
 

Anna: Oh my goodness! *reaches in to help him out* HEATHER, STOP SINGING!
... wait... what ARE you singing?

Heather keeps singing:
If you go out in the woods today,
You'd better not go alone.
It's lovely out in the woods today,
But safer to stay at home.
 

 Anna: Aww, come here little guy, what's your name?
Kidogo: It's Kidogo (pronounced Kid-oh-jo)... I've...
I've been trapped in that box since the picnic!
Anna: Wait... so this junk Heather's singing about...
There really is a teddy bear picnic?!

Heather still singing:
For every bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic


Kidogo: Yup, there's a picnic.
Anna: Wow, so it's not just a song, it's a warning...
I wonder if it's safe to be out in the woods now?
Kidogo: Oh yes, the picnic is over... but...
*sniffle* I WAS LEFT BEHIND!
Anna: Oh no!

Heather (still singing):
Every teddy bear, that's been good
Is sure of a treat today
There's lots of wonderful things to eat
And wonderful games to play
 

 Kidogo: Yup, that part of the song she just sang is right, too.  There are cookies and cakes and everything a little bear could want...
Anna: Then how did you get trapped in that box?
Kidogo: I found it hidden there, and thought there might be a cookie inside.
So I crawled in, and then someone came along and closed it.
It was probably the other bears. They probably thought they needed to hide the box before they left again... and now I'm all alone!
Anna: You're not all alone! You can go adventuring with me!
Kidogo: Really?
Anna: Really!
Kidogo: Are there cookies? 
Anna: Uhm... yes?
Kidogo: *skeptical* You don't sound too sure.
Anna: Heather? A little help here? Are there cookies?!

Heather, still singing, and glad it's the last verse:
Beneath the trees, where nobody sees
They'll hide and seek as long as they please
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic

Anna: Bah... she's worthless. I say, "YES" there are cookies!
Kidogo: All right! I'm in!


And thus, Anna got herself a new Geocaching partner, and a new little friend...
and since the song is done, I can stop singing and go find some cookies, because there's nothing worse than a grumpy little bear.

(Anna also took another prize... this shiny marble!
If you look, you can see me reflected in it!
Well, ok, mostly you just see my cell phone.)


Kidogo is made by the extremely talented Ginger Brame of The Piece Parade.
Her blog is always fun and exciting and is called bearbits

7 comments:

  1. Awww, the pictures of Anna holding Kidogo are so sweet! Glad she got him out of there safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It must have been scary to be locked in a box, not knowing when you'd be saved! XD
      And now Anna has a new caching buddy!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hahaha, you only say that because you couldn't hear me!

      Delete
  3. Aww, I'm glad to see that Anna is making friends on her journeys!

    Chou: But, Anna, didn't you read the story "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?" What if he wants milk, and then you'll have to deal with all kinds of shenanigans!

    http://i.qkme.me/3ojdnp.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna: I did consider that... but... well... I'll have to show you just how many bears I live with!

      Delete
  4. Okay, you almost killed me with the bear photos. How freaking adorable! This entire post was beyond cute.

    ReplyDelete